Accounting Learning Outcomes
Accounting Learning Outcomes
- Using clear and concise communication to convey relevant financial and non-financial information so that decision makers can formulate informed decisions
- Utilizing technology (such as computers, accounting software, information databases) to facilitate and enhance accounting and financial reporting processes
- Identifying the appropriate managerial and business issues critical to analyzing accounting data and other information used for identifying and assessing opportunities and risks, developing organizational plans, allocating resources, and accomplishing objectives
- Employing national, international, and historical perspectives to analyze accounting and business issues
- Identifying ethical issues associated with accounting and business situations and apply appropriate principles of ethics and civic responsibility
- Using analytical and research tools to monitor evolving accounting standards and practices and to maintain professional skills in a changing business environment
Banking and Finance Learning Outcomes
- Applying appropriate problem-solving methodologies to the analysis and solution of financial problems
- Explaining the role of financial management in the business firm and in the public sector
- Explaining the functioning of financial markets and the roles of financial institutions
- Communicating effectively using oral, written, and multimedia techniques
- Evaluating ethical issues and dilemmas related to banking and finance.
Business Administration Degree Program
- Students will be able to comprehend issues in ethical decision making and social responsibility.
- Students will be able to analyze financial data to support business decisions and assessment of business strategies.
- Students will demonstrate interpersonal, team and leadership skills necessary to function in multicultural business settings.
- Students will be able to apply knowledge of business concepts, quantitative analysis tools and problem-solving methodologies.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of how global trends and competition affect businesses and their strategies.
Healthcare Administration Degree Program
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with internal and external customers, establish and maintain relationships, and facilitate constructive interactions with individuals and groups
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of how to inspire individual and organizational excellence, create a shared vision and successfully manage change to attain the organization's strategic ends and successful performance.
- Students will be able to comprehend the alignment of personal and organizational conduct with ethical and professional standards within healthcare, including a responsibility to the patient and community, a service orientation, and a commitment to lifelong learning and improvement.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the healthcare environment, including healthcare systems and the environment in which healthcare managers and providers function.
- Students will be able to apply business principles, including systems thinking, to the healthcare environment.
Management Information Systems Degree Program
- Students will be able to plan, analyze, design, and implement information systems projects.
- Students will be able to analyze business decisions by applying analytics and decision-making models.
- Student will be able to plan, design, develop applications, and maintain relational database management systems.
- Students will be able to identify ethical issues embedded in decisions and be able to apply appropriate ethical principles.