Department of Nursing Learning Outcomes
- Synthesize empirical and theoretical knowledge from nursing, the natural, social and applied sciences, and the humanities to achieve optimal health care outcomes for clients throughout the lifecycle in a variety of settings.
- Demonstrate competency in the utilization of systematic and purposeful application of the nursing process to promote the optimal health of clients throughout the life cycle in a variety of settings
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to provide culturally competent, patient centered care to clients throughout the lifecycle.
- Utilize the principles of economics and social justices to enhance accessibility to health care and thereby decreasing health disparities.
- Utilize critical thinking and ethical decision making to enhance quality improvement in the outcomes of patient care and the health care needs of the community.
- Integrate informatics and technological advancement into the delivery of nursing practice.
- Utilize knowledge and leadership skills to manage systems that are responsive to the health care needs of southeastern North Carolina, the state, the nation and the global society.
- Apply research findings to support evidence-based best practices in the delivery of nursing interventions to improve health care of a diverse population.
View student performance on program learning outcomes