English Language and Literature Learning Outcomes
- Describe characteristics of literature in English from diverse literary historical periods and cultures.
- Correctly apply literary terminology for narrative, poetic, and dramatic genres.
- Use literary critical perspectives to generate original analyses of literature in English.
- Compose diverse researched and/or original texts in varied genres and formats, using various composing processes, technologies, and/or multimodal formats.
- Relate language patterns to cultural values.
- Locate and evaluate discipline-specific sources, and incorporate and cite sources according to the MLA style manual.