Criminal Justice Learning Outcomes
- Critical thinking - Use and analyze evidence to guide problem analysis, problem solving, and decision making.
- Communications skills - Express and interpret thoughts, ideas, and knowledge in a clear and coherent manner in both written and oral form.
- Technology and computing skills - Demonstrate ability to use Microsoft Word and to utilize library resources and online writing tools (ex. turnitin.com and SmartThinking) to research a criminal justice issue.
- Quantitative reasoning - Compute statistical analyses of data and/or demonstrate ability to interpret meaning of analyses.
- Ethical decision making - Apply analytical skills to criminal justice problems and identify the ethical implications within such problems along with potential solutions.
- Understanding diversity - Identify and discuss the differential effects and treatment of people by and/or within the criminal justice system based on racial, ethnic, sexual orientation, sex, gender, and age characteristics.