Learning Outcomes for BA in Communication
All declared majors in Communication will be able to perform the following:
- Demonstrate comprehension of basic theories, principles, and concepts in communication by performing writing analyses and making oral presentations that apply these ideas to real world communication activities.
- Design, report, and discuss a communication research project that is both relevant and significant to Communication as a discipline.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate critically the effects of the media industry and the importance and role of journalism in modern civic society.
Learning Outcomes for BA in Spanish
- Apply their knowledge of Spanish to carry out a range of communicative functions in Spanish, such as engaging in oral conversation modes with sufficient accuracy so as to be easily understood by a native Spanish speaker, reading and listening to authentic texts and materials, producing written discourse and composing academic texts, and giving public oral presentations and readings.
- Appraise the diversity and richness of the Hispanic world's multiple forms of literary and artistic expression, and relate the patterns of behavior and values integral to Hispanic cultures to their own culture, aspirations, and identity.
- Identify, critically analyze and interpret non-literary Spanish texts and literary Spanish texts of the major genres and periods of Hispanic literature.
- Identify the grammatical and discursive functions of Spanish language structures in a variety of social and cultural contexts.