Department of Biological Sciences Learning Outcomes
BS in Biology
- Students will be able to define and explain major concepts in the biological sciences.
- Student will be able to correctly use biological instrumentation and proper laboratory techniques.
- Students will be able to communicate biological knowledge in oral and written form.
- Students will be able to explain and apply the scientific method including designing and conducting experiments and testing hypotheses.
- Student will be able to recognize the relationship between structure and function at all levels: molecular, cellular, and organismal.
- Student will be able to demonstrate the ability to read, understand, and critically review scientific information.
- Student will be able to demonstrate ethical conduct in scientific activities.
BS in Forensic Sciences
- Demonstrate the knowledge and an understanding on a range of concepts and issues in Forensic science.
- Show proficiency in assessing, evaluating, analyzing, and synthesizing scientific information and data from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and techniques fundamental to the practice of forensic science.
- Demonstrate the understanding of ethical standards in the forensic science profession.
- Work cooperatively with others, while demonstrating an increasing understanding of how to be an independent learner.
- Student will be able to communicate forensics knowledge in written and oral forms.
BS in Biotechnology
- Able to read, understand, review and communicate biotechnology related knowledge in oral and written forms.
- Explain and apply the scientific methods including designing and conducting experiments and testing hypotheses.
- Develop an awareness of the careers and professions available in biotechnology.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct in scientific activities.
- Understand product development process.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize core biotechnology laboratory procedures, including maintaining a laboratory notebook, and to operate basic equipment used in biotechnology study and research to be competitive in the global market.