Return to the Fayetteville State University Home Page

Undergraduate Catalog 2016-2017 (old site)

CatalogVeterans Affairs

Veterans Affairs

Entitled veterans, participants in the G. I. Bill contributory program, active duty military, drilling National Guard, drilling Reservists, and eligible spouses and offspring who have applied, met all admissions criteria, and are actively matriculating may be certified to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office as enrolled and in pursuit of an approved program of education.

All veterans and dependents wishing to receive VA Educational Benefits through Fayetteville State University must bring a copy of the DD Form 214 or Certificate of Eligibility and/or any other document(s) that entitles receipt of benefits to the Student Veteran’s Center. The Student Veteran’s Center is located at 1073 Murchison Road, Bronco Square, Suite 102. Students applying for these benefits are required to provide copies of transcripts to include a high school transcript, a copy of the acceptance letter to the university, and proof of a declaration of major before certification can be made to the Veterans Administration for payment. Any change in the veteran’s or dependent’s course of study should be cleared with the veteran’s advisor to ensure continuation of benefits. The office of the Registrar must have file copies of all transcripts, transfer evaluation forms, and other necessary documents.

A Constituent Institution of The University of North Carolina