Return to the Fayetteville State University Home Page

Undergraduate Catalog 2016-2017 (old site)

CatalogStudy at Another Institution

Study at Another Institution

Students in residence at the university who wish to earn credits at another institution must obtain pre-approval for the courses to be completed. In the absence of such pre-approval, credits earned at other institutions may not be used to fulfill FSU degree requirements. To obtain approval for study at another institution, students must consult their department chair to ensure the course will transfer. Once the course is completed, the student must submit the official transcript to the Office of the Registrar. 

Credit will be awarded only for courses in which students earn a grade of C (2.0) or higher. Since grades earned at other institutions do not affect the FSU GPA, students seeking to improve their GPAs should not pursue study at other institutions.

A Constituent Institution of The University of North Carolina